Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX

Subject: Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 22:22:00 -0700
Cc: Mark Kronquist <mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I just noticed your signature Mark and put it together! I have been into
the store a number of times and had you folks develop film for me. Great
to see you on the list!

Inept management only tells part of the story. I think probably the real
factor was lack of marketing back in the heyday of 35mm cameras. Olympus
had great lenses and cameras, but never really did the kind of marketing
they need to to play with the big boys. In the later days of the OM
system Olympus did not put the R&D into autofocus and completely missed
the bus on, despite being one of the first out of the gate.

Would love to get together sometime and talk OMs, film, and whatnot!

Jim Couch