Re: [OM] 80, 38, and 20 macro lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] 80, 38, and 20 macro lenses
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:50:41 +0000 (UTC)
Impressive images, Frank, especially the crop.  Indoors, I'm on a bellows so
the focus is set and manual stop down is not a problem.  Outdoors, I generally
run 100 to 200 mm lenses handheld (getting tougher), only stopping down enough
that I can still see to focus.  Anything longer, and extension tubes and tripod
are the norm.  Will have to try the 135 now.......do you use the hood on yours
at all?

        ----- Original Message -----  From: Frank Wijsmuller
<wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>  To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Sent: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:18:33 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [OM] 80, 38, and 20 macro lenses      Oeps forgot the link (of the
first one): <  http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=5847>   2013/7/18
Frank Wijsmuller      > The dragonfly pictures on green are with the 135mm with
extension tube on  > E-M5. The extension tube was attached to a small tripod,
but I didn't use  > it for all pictures. Had to follow the dragonflys as they
are quite easily  > disturbed and manual focus is a challenge. But some shots
turned out well.  >  > Now I wonder why the auto macro's are so benifical on
digital, as I end up  > with stop-down metering with my OM's on a digital body?
Do you use adapter  > rings that doesn't stop down?  >  > Best, Frank  >  >  >
> 2013/7/17 Don Holbrook  >  >> Curiously, I never used the 135 in the
field.......will have to try that.  >>
 Thanks for the tip.  >  >  --