[OM] New rolling camera bag

Subject: [OM] New rolling camera bag
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 15:19:39 -0600
Which reminds me, I'm in the market for a new wheeled camera bag.The
2004 bag is going back to Iowa for a torture test.

The practical thing to do would be to get a Jeep Liberty or another
Grand Cherokee. I've gone through three JGCs and like them, but would
also like something a wee bit smaller for improved gas mileage as well
as manouverability here in the mountains.

On the short end of my price scale, is the Liberty. I even came across
one with the four-banger and manual tranny. Tempting. On the long end
of my price scale is the Toyota FJ Cruiser as well as "well equipped"
Wrangler (CJ Style) Jeeps. In fact, my neighbor here has a real cherry
of one that is fully equipped (lift, big tires, other suspension mods
for stability), front/rear lockers, lighting, hi-lift, and so on and
so forth. I just got a brand new truck and is dumping another $30k in
mods in it and is thinking of getting rid of the Jeep.

The chief advisor on rolling camera bags doesn't really want me in the
later one because it probably wouldn't make that good of a highway
vehicle. I can see that. (A road test is in order). But, what about
the Toyota? Does that make sense? I can get them in my price range and
desired condition without too much hassle here in Colorado. In fact,
when it comes to 4WD vehicles, they're all substantially less
expensive than in Iowa.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx