Re: [OM] OMD batteries update please

Subject: Re: [OM] OMD batteries update please
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:48:04 -0400
I think I have to recommend the Progo too.  As Moose says it seems to be
as compatible as the EZO power batteries, is cheaper and includes a
compatible charger.  Unfortunately, I cannot give you an independent
estimate on battery life for either the Progo or the Ezo Power since I
haven't used either of them long enough to run them down (except for the
two failed EZO power batteries).

But I agree with Moose that the Oly battery seems to be good for about
200 shots.  I assume that means that the Progos will give me 150+ as
well.  I have been remiss in not updating the EZO Power review on
Amazon.  After some initial confusion the company has replaced both of
the failed batteries and paid for shipping the duds back to them.  But
the replacements are recent enough that they have very little usage.  It
took 3 months for me to recognize that the first set of EZO Powers had
failed so I don't want to give another review until they've passed a
usage test.

I've not used the camera much at all recently except for shooting a
couple of grandchildren's baseball games.  That plus a few shots along
the Finger Lakes wine trail added up to 204 shots for the Oly.  Whether
it needed it or not I replaced the Oly with one of the Progos but that
battery is yet to do any work.

Incidentally, I like the Progo charger better than the Oly.  The Oly
charger has a long, stiff power cord.  The Progo has a built-in AC plug
on a swivel.  On the other hand, I have modified the Oly charger with a
3rd party swivel plug (advertised for Apple devices) and, although twice
the width of the Progo, it's thinner.  But either one fits easily into a
small pocket on my camera bag along with a spare battery.

I think Moose has a 3rd party charger for his Samsung camera.  I do too
and note that the charger for the Samsung and the Progo charger seem
identical except for contact locations.

Chuck Norcutt