Re: [OM] OMD batteries update please

Subject: Re: [OM] OMD batteries update please
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:35:04 -0700
On 7/1/2013 9:51 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> In the market for a couple more batteries. The OMD seems to suck way
> more juice than the e620.

Yup. I assume it's the 5-way IS. Also fewer shots than the Pens.

> I know that this topic has been discussed but
> was hoping for an update from Chuck. (I read your review on Amazon which
> is pretty much the same as post to list)  Also any new/current options.
> I was looking at this one but the price may be too good:

To quote myself:

On 5/8/2013 11:58 AM, Moose wrote:
> "Battery rated at 7.6V and 1600mAh for a longer run time than the Olympus
> original" is not true of mine. Perhaps Oly
> is using larger mAhs? ;-)
>

> I'm happy enough with mine. Far less expensive per shot than the Oly, but not
> as many shots per charge.

I've got a simple, little, nylon/Velcro case that fits a battery and has a
little slot for a card. I've pretty much
trained myself to always carry it in a pocket with a freshly charged battery.
Any time I might need more (haven't yet),
I'll have the waist bag along with lenses, etc. and a couple more batteries.

> I would rather have something that uses the same charger.

The Progo, at least mine, does that properly. As above, batteries that require
a different charger (or just a second Oly
charger($)) could be an advantage in some circumstances.

Battery Up Moose