Re: [OM] IMG: Puzzles

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Puzzles
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:59:40 -0400
You certainly have some strange squirrels.  I was so surprised at the
gnawed aluminum that I went out and checked about 1/3 of my aluminum
fence post caps (where the numerous squirrels typically run).  Not a
mark to be seen and the fence has been there (I think) for about 30 years.

My Rose of Sharon is trying to bloom but it's still too early here.  We
have been missing honey bees for the last several years, presumably due
to "colony collapse disorder".  When the salvia was in heavy bloom it
was well populated with bumble bees.  Now the salvia is done and our
roses and other flowers are in bloom but I haven't seen a bee of any
sort lately.  I'll pay more attention to the Rose of Sharon when it
blooms since it normally supports a flock of bumble bees.

Chuck Norcutt