Re: [OM] IMG: Puzzles

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Puzzles
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:29:31 -0500
Hi Chuck,

These are the same squirrels that make long trips on overhead telephone
cables, which appears safer than crossing a busy street.  We saw one slip
and fall from a power pole, and, after shaking himself, he got off the
ground and went about his business.

I'm not worried that my fence will collapse.  But, the chewed neutral on the
incoming power feed was a different story.  We found it when I was
investigating the cause of low voltage at my wall sockets.  Long story.  It
turned out to be a combination of the high resistance of the neutral and a
failed breaker to a capacitor bank on the main power line.  I had to take my
volt meter to a number of homes on the block, to convince the power company
that they had a problem on the phase that feeds our neighborhood.  Sure
enough, there was a bad breaker.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA