[OM] IMG: Puzzles

Subject: [OM] IMG: Puzzles
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:53:26 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Squirrels seem to have a craving for aluminum, or perhaps just like to grind
their teeth.  Over the years, I have replaced one power feed to the house,
because the aluminum neutral was almost severed where it passed through tree
branches.  The aluminum castings on the top of my fence posts, as well as the
aluminum wire ties, all show teeth marks.  Here is an example.

Plantain Lilies are very difficult to photograph, because the lower blooms die
before the top ones open.  In this case, I caught them just prior to opening.

The Rose of Sharon bushes just began blooming, and this normally results in a
swarm of bumble bees.  This year, there is not a bee to be seen.  I have seen
references in the newspaper to a bee shortage this year.  Anyone know why?

E-1 and ZD 35 Macro.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA