Re: [OM] Blackout

Subject: Re: [OM] Blackout
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:59:53 -0500
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Whoever that General may be, he/she appears to have a different lens than
> I do. Mine has no IS, hence no IS motor, nor
> do the on-line specs show IS.
>
> I've taken shots by moonlight and not seen it. But I've not tried to bring
> up super deep shadows, which may reveal all
> sorts of unsavory things.
>
> I tend rather to use heavy NR on really deep shadows if there is annoying
> noise and leave 'em down there. I may mess
> with the rest, but the deep, dark parts are what grounds the image and
> makes it look like what it is, a shot in the dark.

It should have IS - remember, Panasonic chose to put it in the lenses
instead of the body like Olympus did.

Yes, I mostly see it when I'm trying to bring out a level of exposure that
really should have been made on the front end.  I've learned to not do that
any more.
--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard