Re: [OM] Whew, finally

Subject: Re: [OM] Whew, finally
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 18:02:50 -0400
That depends on how much pre-surgery and post-surgery therapy you did.  I
was hiking in the mountains of Guatemala three months after I had both
knees replaced.  True, I was an emotional wreck, crying all the time, and
one of the doctors with the trip diagnosed me with PTSD but my knees did
fine!  And continue to do fine with lots of therapy ;-)

I would advice anybody who needs two knees replaced to do them both at the
same time.  The recovery time is halved and the dread time is nonexistent!

I was just diagnosed with a ruptured ligament on top of my foot from
kicking the step going up to my bed three weeks ago.  Getting old is no fun!

Tina

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lucky for you sister she was not seriously injured.  From experience I
> know that 4/5 weeks is not sufficient time to recover from knee surgery.
>   I would not allow myself to drive for 3 months since, until then, the
> right knee was still so painful that I knew I couldn't brake hard in an
> emergency stop.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 6/21/2013 5:18 PM, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
> > Drat, first year for ages that we will not be in Colorado Springs for
> the summer. 81 year old brother in law has just had first knee replacement,
> second knee scheduled for 4/5 weeks time, and my sister also 81 tipped and
> tumbled 8ft down the steps from their deck. Many cuts and bruises, and a
> hairline fracture of her FINGER!!!! She was very lucky. Still there is
> always next year.
> >
> > Regards
> > John Duggan,
> > Wales, UK