[OM] Just how good is the 21mm f2?

Subject: [OM] Just how good is the 21mm f2?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:34:23 -0400 (EDT)
AG writes:

>>My current harem consists of the 35-80/2.8, 24/2.8, 28/2, 35/2.8,
>>50/1.8, 50/1.4, 100/2.8, 100/2, 200/4, 300/4.5 and a selection of nice
>>bodies.

Yeh, don't dimiss the lowly diminutive 24/2.8. It can hold its own with
the big boys.

To quote the 16-9 site:

  "The bald tally doesn't also tell the story of how the Olympus and
Nikon compare. The Olympus is astoundingly good at f5.6-8 at distance,
and produced the highest resolution captures of anything shot thus far
at 24mm. "

snip:  " We should also mention that the stellar little Olympus 24mm
thrashed every other lens it encountered in the group stages of the
24mm World Cup, can be bought used for less than a decent filter for
the 24L, and fits in the palm of your hand with room to spare. It's a
gem."   (see "conclusion" for the Final test)

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/24mmcup/final/24mm_final1.html

I had a mint copy with the metal hood mounted on my minty black 4T on a
tripod in the Azores at a stunning overlook and Marnie broke my trance:
"Are you going to stand there and admire your gear or are you going to
take a picture?"

Mike