Re: [OM] Just how good is the 21mm f2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Just how good is the 21mm f2?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:42:23 -0600
> If the images don't look right, is it, in fact, 'awesome', other than in
> price?

It's a case of picking your poison. You can have a lens which is so
well corrected that it is perfectly flat-fielded, but the bokeh makes
you hurl. Or a lens which has perfect bokeh, but you've got a 10%
focusing error between center and corner.

What I personally dislike about this particular lens is that it is
nearly technically perfect, but lacks the ability to maintain a
natural "transparant" look in all uses. I account this to the
aspherical elements. Aspherical elements are good in many ways and
uses, but not in ALL ways and uses. When you get OOF highlights
folding in on themselves, that's not good.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx