Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:56:28 -0400
Barbarians! God Bless 'Em! There ain't nothing like the rumble of a Harley
V-Twin. Except maybe the rumble of a whole bunch of Harley V-Twins. Happens
where I live from time to time. I can feel 'em coming before I hear them.
Sometimes I go out to watch 'em roll by. Saw a ride of about 1,000 one time. It
was a Toys For Tots run by United Bikers of Maine. Now _that_ was a sight. And
a sound.

Harley stock pipes should fall within noise standards of whatever country
they're sold in. Whether your folks replace the stock pipes with others, I
don't know.

But frankly, the stupidity and inattentiveness of automobile drivers is much
more of a problem than the occasional rumble of one or more motorcycles rolling
past. There's an expression: Loud Pipes Save Lives. It's proven to be mostly
without merit, but riders believe it to be true, and if you've been riding a
motorcycle more than three days you _know_ what a bunch of thoughtless t*rds
many drivers are. If bikers believe loud pipes will give them an edge, they're
going to sport loud pipes.

Besides, the rumble of my pipes is just about the last vestige of rebellion I
have left in these old bones. I'm telling you, it's a sweet thing to throw your
leg over your bike when it's parked downtown and press the starter. When that
V-Twin explodes to life, people turn to look, and believe me when I say this,
more women than not smile. I like that. <g>

You can have my pipes after you scrape me off the pavement and send me to the
crematorium.

I do, however, wear a helmet. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Registered--and practicing--Neanderthal