Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:51:53 +0800
I don't know the technical details, but here is the disk benchmarks, the
last one "This computer" is my 4GB ramdisk.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/Disktest.jpg

A little slower than I have expected, only 5.7 times faster than the Intel
SSD.

I use VSuite Ramdisk Free version

http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/vsuite-ramdisk/download.html

It can use XP 32 bit non accessable RAM and up to 4GB in size. My Asrock Z77
MB came with a free Win 7 XFast RAM, which should be able to run a larger
disk.

BTW, it is all depends on you budget, of couse it is good to have 32GB RAM
(still, I will use half for ramdisk), SSD for system boot and W7 64. But I
don't want to spend extra on SSD and Win 7 at the moment.

C.H.Ling