Re: [OM] (OM) OT Browsers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Browsers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:46:33 -0700
On 6/11/2013 6:24 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> ... If I can find a better browser, I will use it.

As others have said or hinted, the world and software have passed your old
machine by.

You will continue to have trouble as long as you use the wrong hardware and
software tools.

You need a computer upgrade.

Excel for image management is madness. I once built a fairly complex,
sophisticated, normalized database app in Excel,
'cause that was the spec. Ugly, but it worked until I could talk them into
letting me use a real database. But even I
wouldn't try image management with embedded images. And on an old, slow, small
memory machine? Well, I already said it,
MADNESS!

I believe Picasa will meet your needs, and your $ requirements. Just set which
directories you want it to index and turn
off face recognition before setting it loose - and don't watch as it thrashes
along on the initial scan! All that time
and disk activity will drive you nuts.

Be sure to back-up the database!

Cheap Solutions Moose