Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: testing / the X-Pro 1 lands inAlicante

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: testing / the X-Pro 1 lands inAlicante
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 17:48:45 -0700
On 6/8/2013 5:12 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
> You are right, if the differences is not worth to note or you don't see the
> difference, ACR is perfect for you. I do see the differences and I verified
> the differences with files generated by ACR and Olympus

I must admit I didn't look very far, for a simple, crucial reason. Viewer2 has
no highlight recovery, while ACR does
useful and graceful highlight recovery. I'm sure there are differences, but
they made no difference to me - especially
with no highlight recovery.

The truth is that I take few people pics, and then often in odd light. For most
of my images, there is no available
color reference, so it really is whatever looks good to me.

A while ago, I processed an abstract image with the wrong WB for the light.
When I noticed, I tried the correct setting,
but liked the 'wrong' one better. Several people here liked it, too. :-)

> (or DPP for Canon files) by checking the RGB values. There is difference,
> depends on which one
> you like.

I have done that comparison a few times. I preferred the ACR color and it has
better highlight recovery than DPP.

Compromised Color Moose