Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:21:55 -0600
> Where was that line already crossed? OM-2? OM-2SP? OM-3/4? Before the E-1, I
> think, but most certainly by then.

Hmm. I think I bought my first computer a couple of years after my
first camera. Timex-Sinclair. Wrote and sold a parts-inventory control
program for it. I've bought a few computers since then, but I think
I'm still ahead with more cameras.

> The latest Oly µ4/3 cameras will do in-camera Raw conversions. I can change
> camera settings and run off new, different JPEGs before the image even leaves
> the camera. (At least it says I can; in practice, it's hard to imagine why I
> would, nor have I done so.)

This is something that Olympus has put in pretty much every model of
4/3 camera. I actually use this feature on occasion. With the E-1, I
can shoot it RAW using standard, dumb settings and then go and alter
things like WB, contrast, etc., and save the file as a JPEG. It comes
in handy when I don't want to do any in-computer editing.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx