Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 21:56:26 +0200
yes thanks, its not too bad a spec but did you install the ssd drive you
mentioned or what size is the disk drive that the application and os are
on. because its probably a large capacity one 500Gb with a 5400rpm spin
speed and I think swapping the os to an internal ssd will give it a new
lease of life, however with all the scanning you are doing and the other
faults I would consider a new midrange desktop you still get more power
or bang for buck in a desktop than a laptop (new intel processors have
just been announced so it may be prudent to wait), with a reasonable
amount of ram and then use that for scanning etc..  If you then want
mobility you could use your laptop to do a remote desktop, I have the
opposite setup and use my old desktop machine for such batch jobs
although my laptop is much faster.

Unfortunatly  my personal photo machines are macs so I can't comment on
tuning in the windows environment.