Re: [OM] Computer Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:00:04 -0700
On 5/23/2013 1:23 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> I got this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006BSLJIC/ref=ox_ya_os_product
>
> It doesn't show a separate power supply.

I just checked again. eSATA does not provide power. I can only assume that both
cables need to be connected, eSATA for
high speed data flow, USB to provide power.

An interesting solution, particularly with a SSD installed, as it requires less
power than a spinning HD.

> This stuff is entirely too confusing!

If you want fastest, in computer things, you get out on the confusing, if not
actually bleeding, edge. The latest tech
is always somewhat unsettled, as Chuck pointed out with USB 3.0. (e)SATA is at
least stable.

For example, the big move from (P)ATA to SATA was transparent to most users, as
their next computer simply used the new
HD interface, without them needing to know the difference.

Power Me Up Moose