Re: [OM] Backlash begins against Adobe's subscription-only plan - Comput

From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:25:19 -0700
Adobe has already stated that they  intend to keep on with Photoshop
Elements and Lightroom to take care of the hobbyist photographers.  I
don't really see that much of a problem with the Creative Cloud.  Yes it
is going to cost a little more.  However, I have been expecting the
upgrade to increase in cost anyway.  And getting the new features as
they come out would be nice and, although I don't currently use those
features, it also includes Extended.  That said, if I was not so wired
into using the full Photoshop, I would probably go with Elements.  I do
some things that require the full version, though.
Another plus, I guess, is that it trades that infernal Activation thing
for what I understand is a much simpler system.
Everyone has to make their own decision.
Paul in Portland OR