[OM] Backlash begins against Adobe's subscription-only plan - Computerwo

From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 08:06:37 -0400
It looks like I'm finally going to get off the Adobe treadmill.  As many
of you probably know by now, Adobe has announced a monthly subscription
for its Creative Suites products operating in the "Cloud". (which
includes PhotoShop).  I had thought this was simply an additional
product and not a replacement.  But, as it turns out, there will be no
PhotoShop product beyond CS6.  All new development will be done in the
Cloud only.  The only way to buy these services is to buy subscriptions.
  These come with annual contracts and a monthly fee which, of course,
is more expensive than purchasing the perpetual product with occasional
upgrades.

Not that it will do any good I fear but I have signed the petition
mentioned in the Computerworld article below.  Quite simply, my current
copies of CS6 and Lightroom 4 will be my last purchases from Adobe.
I'll use them as long as they work and then look for whatever else best
fits my needs.  I'm sure the folks at Corel and the GIMP are very happy.

Chuck Norcutt