[OM] OT: eVilBay Spoofing

Subject: [OM] OT: eVilBay Spoofing
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 17:10:33 +0300 (GMT+03:00)
     I was looking at a bicycle part on eVilBay just now and a window popped
up, stating that my username and password were needed in order to finish
displaying the item.  This was obviously a spoof so I got away from that item.

     Two weeks ago I was looking at photos of an eVilBay item and managed to
get a piggyback virus from it.  When I restarted the laptop later that day it
wiped out most of my WinXP operating system, so now I'm having to use the awful
Win7 system until I can get the WinXP reloaded on the primary hard drive.

     It's not the first time that I've encountered a piggyback virus.  I got
one a few years ago that was attached to a PDF document that a friend sent to
me.  These things readily bypass any and all firewalls, antivirus, and malware
protection.  Lately, though, eVilBay has become a primary source of viruses,
and it's invariably by way of those third party photo vendors.

     Don't you just love this crap?

Chris