Re: [OM] LR5 beta

Subject: Re: [OM] LR5 beta
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:10:31 -0400
Couple of weeks ago. I've kept mum because Esteemed Wife would be Steamed Wife
if she knew. Well, not really. But with all the motorcycle stuff going on, I
thought discretion would be the better part of valor. It will come out of my
bag in Scotland. "Oh, this? I got it a long time ago to replace my G-12. Yes, I
sold the G-12 to (help) pay for it. <g>

As for whether to upgrade, I can't say. I've seen both points of view. I don't
think the actual image quality has been improved, but some of the annoying
features of the X-100 have been dealt with. But I've never even seen a X-100,
so I don't know. The 100s seems like a straightforward piece of gear, The menus
aren't hard to navigate, stuff is self-explanatory, and there's a Q button that
has the essential stuff.

It's extremely innocuous, and I believe will help me get over my reluctance to
undertake street photography. I may deploy it early on a trip to Cambridge to
see my cousin and some of the gardens in and around the greater Boston area.

Oh yeah, I believe the EVF has been upgraded. I rather like it, though I would
be inclined to use the optical finder as a rule. Still, the EVF gives you the
view without parallax, which has something to say for it. Have not really tried
the split-image option yet, but I like the grid choices.

--Bob