Re: [OM] more than one 35mm f2?

Subject: Re: [OM] more than one 35mm f2?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:14:50 -0400
Thanks for that Chuck.  Latest design lenses are listed as "NMC" on the
parts list (IF there is a separate parts list). Possibly meaning
multicoated, but No mc on name ring. If glass is updated too, then lens
gets separate type 2 etc. parts list.  The only parts list I can find
that segregates the black ringed f2 is the parts update showing filter
ring, diaphragm blades but not name ring. This may mean that black
filter ring is an updated repair part that will fit silver edged
version.   As a repair part black ring would come in from Japan, parts
department disposes of old silver ring. Ditto for name ring with MIJ.  I
have never tried to put a black ring on a silver edged version though.
All this in an attempt to answer a forum question for someone
(suggesting that glass is different in black edged version).  I don't
think it is.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  | omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx