Re: [OM] Big Sharp and Little Sharp II [was Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix]

Subject: Re: [OM] Big Sharp and Little Sharp II [was Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix]
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 10:05:02 -0400
You are probably right, Moose.  I almost never sharpen anything because my
files are intended for stock agencies which don't allow sharpening.  I need
to start using my PhotoKit sharpeners or the built-in LR ones (I think they
are based on PhotoKit, too) before I post anything.   I'll try that today.

Thanks,

Tina

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/29/2013 9:41 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > They are extremely sharp on my monitors.  Here is a 100% crop:
>
> You folks are talking at cross purposes. The posted image isn't
> particularly sharp. The fact that the original has gobs
> of nice detail is not relevant.
>
> As just discussed in my last post on this subject, re-sharpening after
> down sampling is necessary for the web image to
> appear sharp.
>
> Tina, perhaps what's close to ideal for your wonderful forte, people, is
> not the ideal solution for landscape?
>
> Apples and Oranges Moose
>
> --
> --