Re: [OM] Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix

Subject: Re: [OM] Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 11:48:01 -0400
What Ken said.  I think both of the HDR shots look terribly unnatural.
The middle exposure has a proper looking sky (probably correct from your
meter) which looks nothing like the sky in the HDR shots.  I suspect
your sensor has enough shadow recovery ooomph in the raw files to
lighten the shadows just enough to look natural in the way the eye
perceives it.  Both HDR files have unnaturally bright shadows.  The
Photomatix is darker and closer to reality but still too bright. The
shadows need something between the PhotoMatix and the middle exposure.

BTW, your sensor shows a dust bunny at far right low in the sky.  There
may be more at far left just above the horizon but I can't tell for sure.

Chuck Norcutt