Re: [OM] Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix

Subject: Re: [OM] Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 10:04:48 -0400
Now that's some good work. Not only illustrating your points, but also as a
mini-tutorial on what you can, ah, effect with HDR.

In the end, I've changed my opinion and decided the PhotoMatix version the
best. It's not a straight rendition, as is your excellent example of post
processing, but it has a mood and a quality of light I enjoy. If I were picking
one or the other to hang on my wall, I would pick the HDR for its etherial
qualities. But that's just me. My eyes are beginning to appreciate HDR work
more than they used to. Like good Scotch Whisky, it's an acquired taste.

--Bob