Re: [OM] OK, now that I sorted that out.... Ballhead recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, now that I sorted that out.... Ballhead recommendation
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:10:36 -0500
> The cost isn't bad. Likely as not less than wet darkroom. It's certainly
cheaper to maintain my digital darkroom than it would be to build and
maintain a wet one.

As I'm in the midst of wet darkroom construction, I'll admit to a bit of
questionable investments in that regard. My "get'r running costs are about
$150. Finished up costs? Oh, probably around $1500. However, the premise is
that I've got the equipment already. Since you can acquire everything
needed for the cost of gas to pick it up from somebody on Craig's List,
I'll call that a freebee now. This weekend will be spent doing some
plumbing. I think I can keep that about $35.

>The skill level is something else entirely. It takes a good bit of skill
to produce really nice black & white prints using either method.

AND practice. It will take me a little while to come back up to speed.
Fortunately, material costs are relatively low. I can burn through a lot of
paper and chemicals for little cost. Once I start lighting up 11x14 sheets
of Adox MCC 110 paper, I better have my ducks lined up, though.

>(I started to write "methodology", but then stopped myself because I knew
Chris Barker and Andrew Fides would be in a race to see which could take me
to task first.

Oh, live dangerously. It works for me.

--
Ken Norton