[OM] Paul's PAW, Week 8

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW, Week 8
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:47:37 -0600

Went to a concert last night, and brought the E-M5.  The lighting was
typical for a small rock club - in other words, not enough.  And no
spotlight, so there were plenty of dark zones.  And without sufficient
frontlighting, it's hard to get separation between the artist and the
background.  Nothing I can do about the grain - I was shooting at 3200.
In hindsight, should have taken the limits off and let 'er use whatever
it felt was necessary.

I also wish I could have been a bit closer, but the audience was packed
in pretty tightly in front of the stage.  But I couldn't really complain
too much - I was a guest of the artist and they were all the paying fans.

Enjoy.  Whether or not the '90's metal band Cinderella is your cup of
tea or not, Tom Kiefer is one of the best rock guitarists around, a
terrific songwriter, and both he and his wife are very gracious and
friendly.

C&C encouraged.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard