Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 22:31:50 -0600
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2/21/2013 6:56 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> > No.  FastStone is nice as a freebie but it's nowhere near as powerful as
> > what you already have.
>
> Nor as capable at many of the editing things it does.
>
> Wonderful browser and front end for a real editor, I prefer it to Bridge,
> but it would be a huge step back from LR - and
> I don't even like LR. :-)

I'm pretty sure you discovered FS from me.  Or perhaps it's the other way
around.  In any case, you'll get no argument from me about the usefulness
of FS for browsing images.

I don't think of it as competing with Bridge in any way though.  I've
gotten so I like Bridge, and I don't see it as much different from LR.  I
like to rough in an image now in Bridge and then finish up in PS.  Mighty
happy with PS6.

I notice a little speed improvement with the FM beta.  It finally allows me
to use 64bit PS exclusively, which is its main attraction.  Otherwise it
just does what it always did.

Joel W.