Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:53:49 -0800
On 2/22/2013 6:47 AM, DZDub wrote:
> I do it every time I open a raw file.  I don't know how to answer your
> question.  We must we using the same word to refer to two different things.

No, different words to refer to the same thing, I think.

When you open a Raw file in Bridge, you are doing exactly the same as if you do
Edit=>Open with External Program in
FastStone and select PhotoshopCS6. Either browser, Bridge or FS, passes the
file location on to ACR,  which opens it and
where you 'rough in the image', and may save the file or go on into PS.

What you call 'roughing in' is exactly the same as what folks using the sliders
in LR are doing - except(?) for the
ability to brush in effects locally in LR. And it's all the editing many/most
folks do to 'finish' an image in LR. Until
the latest version (s?), LR was simply an image browser/indexer with a fancier
looking interface for the exact same
functions of ACR, hiding underneath.

BTW, FS provides a more flexible interface to various editors.
Settings=>Settings, Tab Programs allows one to add many
editors. Then under Edit=>Open with External Program, they are all available -
and have shortcut keys. When I select an
image and press the "E" key, the image is opened in ACR/PS.

When I get a new version of PS, I add it in Settings=>Settings=>Programs and
move it to the top, so "E" always is the
latest PS I have at the time. In my set-up, Alt-2 opens the image in Oly
Viewer2, and there are keys for PWP,
RawTherapee, Sagelight, etc.

But I hardly ever use anything but PS, muscle memory takes over. :-)

P. S. Moose