Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 19/2/2013: eating and drinking in Ixelles

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 19/2/2013: eating and drinking in Ixelles
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:09:51 -0500
The upset-stomach thread on another list was by a world-traveling stock
photographer who, in Thailand, thought he was at a sushi bar and ate raw
chicken, raw pork and raw beef which were supposed to be cooking in the
boiling broth in the center of the table.  He was asking for advice about
what to do now.  Unbelievable!

I buy raw milk from a farm near us and do not buy anything with hormones or
antibiotics.  It's getting harder, though, since huge mega-food
conglomerates like Monsanto are working hard to outlaw all food labeling.
 Soon we'll either have to grow it all ourselves (we're getting better at
that) or move to Europe where they do allow labeling.

Tina

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:09 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> You guys are too squeamish. Not everything needs to be cooked, if it is
> fresh. On a related note, the best cheeses are those made with raw milk,
> something that is frowned upon in the US. On the other hand, growth
> hormones, large amounts of antibiotics, and various GM shenanigans are
> apparently quite OK.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain
> http://www.frozenlight.eu
> http://www.greatpix.eu
>
> YNWA
>

> On Feb 21, 2013, at 12:14 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>
> >> Reminds me of a very good Salmon Tartare I had a while back, in
> Arcachon.
> >
> > Salmonella Tartare?
> >
> > --
> > Ken Norton