Re: [OM] OT now Apple vs Windoze

Subject: Re: [OM] OT now Apple vs Windoze
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:51:06 +0100
So what do y'all think of the all-in-one machines with a single box
touchscreen of, say, 23"? HP, Acer, and some others make them.
I like the idea of a luggable machine with a decent screen. A 17"
laptop seems to be pushing the form factor too big - it's just about
luggable so why not go for the all-in-one format?  Smaller than 17"
screens rarely have 1920x1080 displays, and a 17" screen is still too
small.
(This is for when I have to move on from my current classic 'desktop'
(=under-desktop) with two 23" HD monitors. The remaining advantage of
the 'desktop' is the expansion capability. Since I bought it I've
added a 2nd harddisk and a multiport USB card - now replaced by a USB3
card, and I also had a parallel port card to drive an old printer.)
Interested to hear of any experience,
Thanks
Jez