Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:15:16 -0800
On 1/22/2013 8:33 AM, Chris Trask wrote:

> After looking everywhere I could think of,

A little impatient, are we? Only 2 hrs. 8 min. for responses before you act.

What I would have said is that I've used both wired and wireless remotes, and
FAR prefer the wireless. All too often,
the physical set-up makes the wired one short or at an awkward angle. And it
dangles, so it can get in the way, and is
hard to find reaching blind behind my back, or when looking elsewhere.The cheap
one from China for my 300D worked
correctly, but I didn't like using it.

I've since used a couple of wireless remotes for 5D and 60D, which worked
really well. For the E-M5, I have a Pixel
RW-221 I bought from HK off the 'Bay. It's nicely made and works perfectly.
Search "pixel remote Olympus", and you will
find lots of them, as low as $20, free shipping.

Like the others I've used, it has a fire button on the receiver, too, so wired
operation is possible.

A wireless remote also allows other fun possibilities.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Calif/Miscellaneous/_MG_2665-6.htm>

Dancin' Moose