Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:33:03 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> >      The connector itself appears to be well-made, but the dimensions are
> > obviously far
> > enough off that it cannot make proper contact with the camera body
> > connector.  That Vello
> > RS-O1II appears to be a viable option by virtue of the user reviews.  Can't
> > find any user
> > reviews for the Vivitar.
>
> We had a situation a couple years ago where we bought a few million
> dollars worth of carrier DWDM gear. Everything was honky dory, but we
> were running into unreliable light levels and flaky fiber connections.
> Instead of being just in one or two units, this problem was
> wide-spread across the entire system. It turns out that the
> manufacture got a bad batch of fiber connectors and that particular
> run was entirely consumed on the equipment we got.
>
> What made it really rough was that since the bad batch of connectors
> ended up in just our system, we were the "problem account" for the
> manufacture. Nobody else had this problem. Of course, they blamed us
> (who wouldn't?). It took months to resolve the problem. We switched
> vendors after that.

     After looking everywhere I could think of, I went ahead and bought a Vello
RS-O1II from B&H.  I seriously doubt that I would have trouble with any item
from B&H, and the reviews were consistently good.  I especially liked the one
where the user stated that it was a tight fit.  It's a matter that I need a
solution now as wildflower season is getting closer and a wired remote is at
the top of the list, and that's what buying the E-510 was all about from the
beginning.

Chris

Chris