Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote Shutter Releases
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:24:57 -0600
>      The connector itself appears to be well-made, but the dimensions are
> obviously far enough off that it cannot make proper contact with the camera
> body connector.  That Vello RS-O1II appears to be a viable option by virtue
> of the user reviews.  Can't find any user reviews for the Vivitar.

We had a situation a couple years ago where we bought a few million
dollars worth of carrier DWDM gear. Everything was honky dory, but we
were running into unreliable light levels and flaky fiber connections.
Instead of being just in one or two units, this problem was
wide-spread across the entire system. It turns out that the
manufacture got a bad batch of fiber connectors and that particular
run was entirely consumed on the equipment we got.

What made it really rough was that since the bad batch of connectors
ended up in just our system, we were the "problem account" for the
manufacture. Nobody else had this problem. Of course, they blamed us
(who wouldn't?). It took months to resolve the problem. We switched
vendors after that.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx