[OM] Since Olympus refused to give us what we wanted somebody else will

Subject: [OM] Since Olympus refused to give us what we wanted somebody else will
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:43:34 -0500 (EST)
AG writes

>>Given that 0.71x will pretty well make a lens designed for FF35mm work
>>on a typical APS-C sensor with only minimal focal-length variation, I
>>>think I could finally have my cake and eat it too.

>>drool

Yea, I though AG might like this one--just spotted it this AM.  I
believe "telecompressors" are well known in astrophotog and can even
improve MTF.   This was deisgned by Brian Caldwell  AFAIK who designed
the Coastal Optics 60mm so should be very good indeed.  More of the
periphery of the lens seem to be used but the lens ends up being more
telcentric so perhaps there won't be trouble with color shift etc at
the edges.  The Z. 35-80 will essentially be an F2 lens (with same aov)
 for light gathering  on Nex with focus peaking---cooollll  !!

White paper:   http://philipbloom.net/2013/01/13/speedbooster/

http://www.metabones.com/images/metabones/Speed%20Booster%20White%20Paper.pdf

They should have listened to the Schnozz,  Mike