Re: [OM] My first photo of 2013 - Redneck Santa

Subject: Re: [OM] My first photo of 2013 - Redneck Santa
From: "Wiliam's Listmail" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:09:35 +0100
In the Netherlands this kind of speed measuring becomes more and more
common. I know of at least 2 stretches of highway that are constantly
monitored. Close to where I live the longest bridge and the longest tunnel
of the Netherlands are also monitored this way. At both gates license plates
are automatically scanned and fed into a computer, together with the exact
timestamp (and I believe the speed at that point, just to make sure you
don't speed at that point) After passing the second gate end and beginning
time are substracted from each other to determine time and thus average
speed. If the limit is exceeded by more than 3kmh a fine falls into the
postbox a week later.

Big brother...

Wiliam