Re: [OM] OT: Uruguay and WA State have something in common!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Uruguay and WA State have something in common!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:07:02 -0600
> I think it's safe to say that just about anything to excess is harmful. You
> can die of thirst or you can die of drowning -- same substance!
> I've known people whom I thought were seriously impairing their social and
> work life from excessive yoga.
> At some point, you have to let people do things and suffer the consequences.

I've got an easy excuse. At work, I have signed a contract regarding
pot and other such substances. They can request a drug test at any
time. Although, the only time I ever had to have one was when getting
hired. I can think of a couple of our employees that could stand to
have a test if they could stand long enough to do the test.

The medical benefits, specifically in regard to MS and some cancers,
is reason enough to make it available on a controlled basis. What has
happened in California is a hoot, though. As I have suffered migraines
since childbirth, (too much brain, not enough skull?) I'd be perfectly
able to get a prescription.

Through the years I've found several legal and healthy ways to get
mood-altering benefits. Exercise is one way. Nothing like running up a
dozen flights of stairs to give yourself a nice little high.
Relaxation techniques and self-hypnosis another. There was a day when
I was so heavily into competitive bicycling that it did affect me
negatively, so I understand Jan's point. I'm getting back into running
again and I'm having to be careful not go down a certain rabbit hole
there either. Of course, when it comes to photography...

AG