Re: [OM] IMG: Boy in Straw Hat

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Boy in Straw Hat
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 07:02:36 -0500
Well, I guess I'm going to have to run the Color Munki on my monitor again
because I don't see that at all.  Any less saturation and the photo on my
monitor is almost black and white.  I desaturated it by -20 before I posted
it anticipating that everyone would think it was over-saturated.  My
monitor must be way off.

Tina

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:11 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> I tried the same and I agree.  I think not only the skin tones look
> better but I also think the shirt and pants look more subdued and
> natural.  The straw hat does not change much and continues to look natural.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 11/9/2012 2:25 AM, Robert Burnette wrote:
> > Tina:
> >
> > I popped this one in CS3, went to hue/saturation and reduced the
> > saturation  -20 and the skin tones look more like the skin tones I
> > recall. In the original they looked a bit too red. I know that
> > Guatemalans love their bright colors, but it is the skin tones in
> > your Guatemala photos that have aways seemed to me to be over
> > saturated. I haven't said anything about them before, but I decided
> > to come out of "lurker mode" for the latest ones. I am quite fond of
> > your photos and I just think that the scans haven't done them
> > justice. IMHO, of course.
> >
> > Robert
> >

> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tina Manley"
> > <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Subject: [OM] IMG: Boy in Straw Hat
> >
> > PESO:
> >
> > Another in-camera scan.  Still experimenting:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/147221931
> >
> > Comments are helpful!
> >
> > Tina
> >
> --