Re: [OM] Nice...

Subject: Re: [OM] Nice...
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:27:59 +0200
Le 16 oct. 12 à 10:53, Piers Hemy a écrit :

> I have come across similar usages in slang English, Philippe, such
> as "That
> was wicked" meaning not bad, but exceptionally good.

Nice as grumpy/simpleton is the original meaning of the word in old
French - went to mean pleasant when it crossed the Channel and started
driving on the wrong side of the road probably.

> Thanks for the introduction to Bisquit - I'll add it to the list of
> things
> to try at my 'local', and when I have got through their single malt
> whiskies, it will be next. But they do stock well over 200, so it
> may take a
> while http://www.theanderson.co.uk/scotchlist.pdf .

Pretty impressive list!!!
I expect Bisquit with be then gone for the Angels as we sy it here,
meaning evaporated...

> Since this is the OM
> list I am allowed to mention a malt which is not LUGavulin - if you
> find any
> Ardbeg Uigeadail I urge you to sample it. It has some of the
> qualities of
> Lagavulin but with hugely more subtlety. Ardbeg itself also good,
> but seek
> out Uigeadail!

I will, even though I slowed down a bit on tasting and reserve it for
the winter weekend evenings

BTW Have you ever heard of these? I have a couple of photos of mine on
the site of a whisky tasting list ;-)
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/139109-1/Ted+-+Anniversary+_20+sur+1_.jpg

> As you might guess, my particular favourite French cheese would be
> Calembours-in :-)

Or, with reference to the above calem-bourbon?

Amitiés
Philippe