Re: [OM] Nikkor AIS vs Zuiko 28mm lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikkor AIS vs Zuiko 28mm lenses
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:46:08 +0200
Thanks, Moose, I have seen that 16-9 comparison before. The Nikkor
really produces an admirable result, besting the Zuiko in all aspects at
comparable apertures, and the Zeiss in some (e.g. wide open performance,
geometric distortion).

Anyway, a single test never means much, it cannot account for sample
variation. I am certainly happy with what I am seeing. The 28/2.8 AIS
has surprisingly great out-of-focus rendition (you might almost
approve), and one forgets how shallow the field can be for closer
subjects.

regards