Re: [OM] Nikkor AIS vs Zuiko 28mm lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Nikkor AIS vs Zuiko 28mm lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:16:49 -0700
On 10/15/2012 2:58 PM, Dawid Loubser wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is anybody aware of any technical comparison between the legendary
> Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS to any of the OM Zuiko 28mm lenses?

First, read this example of sample variation in that lens.
<http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/28mm_2.html>

No way to know if he got best and middle, middle and worst, best and worst,
whatever, but reading the comparison of the
good one to Oly and Zeiss without being aware of the N vs. N could be
misleading, as the poor N is worse than the
others. <http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/28mm_3.html>

Also, of course, his test is N 28/2.8 vs. Oly 28/2.

> Hope you are all well. It truly saddens me that there is less than one
> Olympus OM-related post on this list per week.

The way of the world.  Did you see my post from the road of a couple of "Dawid
style", very shallow DOF shots with OM
50/1.4 focused close and wide open on Oly OM => µ4/3 adapter on OM-D?
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2012/Massachussetts/Hamilton&image=_9302444web.jpg>

And
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2012/Massachussetts/Hamilton&image=_9302446oof.jpg>

Not film, but all OM. And now I know what combo I can use for that sort of
image when I want it.

Not A Chant Moose