Re: [OM] Need car buying advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need car buying advice
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
I suggest that you look at the Honda.  A quote from an article that I recently
read sums it up, it went something like this:

"VW was the first to apply attractive and ergonomic interior designs as a
formula to its success, but Honda perfected it."

My personal experience with Toyota is very limited.  Last time when I was on
the market for a car, I had it narrowed down to Jeep and Toyota 4runner,
exactly the same as Walt's.  I went with the Jeep (which had less than half of
the reliability), because of the seat position.

Best

Boris

From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 17:18:14 -0400
Just bought my first Toyata in April.  A 2008 Sienna mini-van.  I bought
it based on very low mileage (21,000) and Toyota's long standing
reputation for quality.  It's also a Toyota certified used car with a
lengthy warranty still to go (both time and miles).  However, my wife
and I just don't like the car.  It has a lot of very annoying road noise
at highway speeds (possibly tires and roof rack) and my wife and I both
find the front seats (nice looking leather) to be very uncomfortable on
long trips.  And one thing I never noticed is that despite being a mid
level model it's lacking automatic head lights, automatic climate
control and has control oddities I've not encountered in other cars. This car
will go to a different owner as soon as we get to Florida for
the coming winter season.  Maybe a Chrysler Town & Country.  Not
recommended by Consumer Reports for reliability but, if nothing else,
I'll regain the cruise control that has the intelligence to downshift if
engine backpressure is insufficient to keep the car at the set speed
when going down steep hills (especially in the West).  I drove one
yesterday.  Nice and comfortable leather bucket seat. Chuck Norcutt