Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison MM, M9 / B&W, Color

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison MM, M9 / B&W, Color
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 10:31:53 -0400
Yes.  I used to carry two film cameras, one for B&W film and one for color.
 Now I can do the same with digital and it is very freeing to me.  I know
that the MM is dedicated B&W and look for photos of light, not color.  It
makes a huge difference to me and the way I take photos.  Someone who
learned photography with digital and converting color might have a totally
different reaction, but I love getting back to one camera for B&W and one
for color.  I decide when I take the photo, not when I process it.

Tina

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tina,
>
> I guess that the question on my and other people's mind is how does
> the M9 monochrome conversion compare to the MM? But That may actually
> be the wrong question to ask.
>
> Let me revise my own question to this:
>
> Did carrying two different cameras with two distinctly different
> styles of imaging change you in any tangible or intangible way where
> the results ended up being greater than if you had just gone with the
> M9 alone? Did this in/tangible change result in imaging results that
> you wouldn't have gotten otherwise?
>
> --
> Ken Norton
> ken@xxxxxxxxxxx