Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison MM, M9 / B&W, Color

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison MM, M9 / B&W, Color
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 09:16:59 -0500
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 08:10 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> PESO:
>
> I took lots of photos on my Italy trip intended to compare the M9 and MM
> for my own curiosity.  Here are a couple:

With nothing other than these to compare, I would conclude that the MM
gives a tiny contrast increase to punch up the result.  Detail is
missing in the man's white hair that is held in the M9 version.
Personally, I like that in BW -- just to about the degree that it is
done here.  Don't know if I want the camera always to make the decision
though.  Is that how it is?

Joel W.