Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison MM, M9 / B&W, Color

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Comparison MM, M9 / B&W, Color
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 10:25:56 -0400
No, I processed the B&W in the Silver Efex Pro that came with the camera.
 I boosted the contrast considerably and probably lost the details in the
white hair as a result.  I do like contrasty B&W, though.  Straight out of
the camera, all tones are included and the result is too flat for me.  I'll
work on retaining the highlight details but still increasing the contrast.

Thanks!

Tina

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012, at 08:10 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > PESO:
> >
> > I took lots of photos on my Italy trip intended to compare the M9 and MM
> > for my own curiosity.  Here are a couple:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/146427043
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/146427044
>
> With nothing other than these to compare, I would conclude that the MM
> gives a tiny contrast increase to punch up the result.  Detail is
> missing in the man's white hair that is held in the M9 version.
> Personally, I like that in BW -- just to about the degree that it is
> done here.  Don't know if I want the camera always to make the decision
> though.  Is that how it is?
>
> Joel W.
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - Access your email from home and the web