Re: [OM] Godspeed, Neil Armstrong

Subject: Re: [OM] Godspeed, Neil Armstrong
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:33:19 -0700

> About six months ago, I put the third set of batteries into my TI-35+
> calculator. I've got LR44s in there right now. After checking
> something, I believe I actually bought this in 1986. I got it when I
> went back to college. The TI-30 something that I bought about 8 years
> earlier was in a bag that got stolen. I would have bought it just
> after getting the OM-2S. The OM-2S has consumed a couple more
> batteries than the calculator.

    My first calculator was a TI-51.  It went through those NiCd battery
packs at an average rate of one every three years.  When I went to graduate
school I bought myself a TI-58, which was more reliable.  Now I primarily
use a TI-83+ with a couple of Casio calculators on the side.  I tried using
HP calculators from time to time, but I just can't accomodate the nonlinear
RPN logic.

Chris