Re: [OM] Godspeed, Neil Armstrong

Subject: Re: [OM] Godspeed, Neil Armstrong
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:19:13 -0500
About six months ago, I put the third set of batteries into my TI-35+
calculator. I've got LR44s in there right now. After checking
something, I believe I actually bought this in 1986. I got it when I
went back to college. The TI-30 something that I bought about 8 years
earlier was in a bag that got stolen. I would have bought it just
after getting the OM-2S. The OM-2S has consumed a couple more
batteries than the calculator.

On a really positive note,(and off-topic from the off-topic thread),
the custom french horn mouthpiece I bought back around 1978 that my
daughter now uses was found a few days ago. Since the end of the last
school year, it's been missing. Well, as she was getting her backpack
ready for the new school year, the mouthpiece was found buried in a
stray corner of the bag. Yeah! We thought that it was in a french horn
case from one of the horns she used last year. Of course, all through
the summer, trying to get that resolved was a royal pain. So, not only
does she have her brand new TI calculator, but she's got her custom
mouthpiece back! (It's designed to give well over an entire octave of
additional range and takes much less air pressure).

The HP calculators have always been very interesting to me. I've
wanted to buy one of those programmable jobbies for years, but the two
times I've bought nice ones, I've been too budget limited to go whole
hog. These days, I have Excel if I need to do something really fancy.
--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx