Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearly OT: Firefox 14.0.1 Churning
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:01:06 -0400
I think I'm going to do the same with my laptop.  It has 2 1GB modules
and I'm going to replace both of them with 2 2GB modules.  Check Crucial
<http://www.crucial.com/index.aspx>  Their main page has a memory lookup
function.  Put in your manufacturer and model number and it'll tell you
what memory is required.  This is the result for my Dell Vostro 1500
laptop. As you can see $62 gets me a 4GB kit.
<http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Vostro%201500&Cat=RAM>

Your desktop might be cheaper to upgrade if you can keep some of the
current memory.  The laptop only has 2 memory slots so both of the old
DIMMs have to go.  I upgraded the desktop a long time ago which was
originally supplied with 2 1GB modules.  But, since it has 4 slots,
upgrading to 4GB means just filling the other two slots with 1GB modules.

Crucial also has a downloadable memory scanner which checks what you
have onboard already and recommends the best solution for upgrade.
<http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/>

Chuck Norcutt